To develop and maintain sales in an assigned territory or in a specific segment of industry and meet or exceed sales quota, including an assigned minimum level gross profit on all sales, working toward achievement of the Helpmates Staffing Services’ vision statement.
1. Increase sales in a given territory by making regular personal and telephone contacts on accounts within that territory.
2. Increase supply of temporary employees by making regular recruiting calls.
3. Maintain current account information records, prepare all reports, provide feedback to management and customer service on a timely basis.
4. Exercise expense control to conform to branch budget.
5. Protect the confidentiality of all Helpmates client and employee information.
1. Analyze and know the prospective accounts in territory.
2. Develop new and creative ways to obtain additional business from present clients.
3. Make calls on businesses in the territory that do not use Helpmates yet, but meet Helpmates criteria.
4. Keep aware of all new businesses moving into the territory and qualify as quickly as possible.
5. Develop and maintain a schedule of calls to be made using a weekly sales planner, priority list, computer account review, and a 30-day call planner.
6. Use the Client Sales Call Record in sales activity and keep them updated.
7. Use the sales visual, collateral material, and specialty advertising provided by the Company.
8. Keep clients and Helpmates abreast of new and unique ways that temporaries are being used in the territory.
9. Maintain self-development program to improve selling techniques.
10. Encourage and utilize office staff to make personal client calls and conduct Risk/Safety Survey.
11. Keep the Talent Relationship Manager informed of the pertinent facts and needs of various clients, such as the types of temporary workers that are suitable for these clients, and any follow up necessary on the Talent Relationship Manager’s part.
12. Share with the Company all creative selling methods being employed by Helpmates or any other temporary help services.
13. Promptly share all sales leads with other Helpmates branches.
1. Complete on a weekly basis reports of all calls made and a brief statement of results of these calls.
2. Complete a weekly expense report on all expenses incurred conducting HSS business.
3. Keep abreast of the activities of competitors and make suggestions as to how to react to them.
4. Keep aware of trends in the personnel field that may contribute to a rise or fall in our business and relate such trends to the Company.
5. Develop an account marketing strategy with the help of the Branch Manager, for the sales territory.
6. Analyze individual accounts as necessary to determine the potential business and be able to make monthly, quarterly, and annual forecasts of the territory.
7. Provide continued feedback to the Company of any suggestions from clients for improving our industry or HSS.
8. Become involved in civic, educational, or professional organizations to further develop skills and contacts that could be helpful to HSS business. These groups should be approved by the Branch Manager.
9. As necessary, contribute to and participate in the customer service functions.
10. Periodically participate in the temporary employee payroll function as requested.
11. Share in the timely completion and presentation of all bid requests or requests for quotations as approved by the Branch Manager.
12. Actively participate in the HSS employee safety program.
1. Effective interpersonal skills in dealing with all levels of HSS personnel and clients.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication.
4. Problem solving.
5. Attention to detail.
7. Ability to prioritize.
8. Ability to work independently.
9. Professional sales ability.
10. Leadership by example.
11. Effective time management.
12. Effective evaluation interview techniques.
13. Effective basic math skills and an understanding of the relationship of the numbers presented.
14. Effective team player.
Regular and consistent communication and information flow should exist between the Business Development Manager, Branch Manager and the Customer Service staff regarding the process of sales and operations towards achieving the Business Development Manager’s goals and the goals of the organization.